Wednesday 11 January 2012

Aberdeen butteries

I seem to have a bit of fixation with Aberdeen at the moment in this trip down memory lane.  Well Aberdeen butteries was a delicacy I was introduced to when I was at university in the 80's.  I used to have them for breakfast or as a quick snack in between classes.  Delicious heated up under the grill with melted butter on top.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buttery_(bread) - if you don't believe me have a read of this.

 Here we have a picture of an Aberdeen buttery - makes my mouth water just thinking of them...

And this is King's College in Aberdeen University where I studied for 8!! years....

And just up the road was King's Bar where we used to nip out to have a pint of lager after a hard day's studying.  And that gets me on to the topic of "pub grub" which will be coming soon....

1 comment:

  1. I saw comments from people who already got their loan from Mr Benjamin Lee and I decided to apply under their recommendations and just 5 days later I confirmed my loan in my bank account a total amount of $850,000 .00 which I requested for.This is really a great news and I am advising everyone who needs real loan lender to apply through their email : 247officedept@gmail.com or WhatsApp : +1-989-394-3740.   I am happy now that I have gotten the loan I requested .

    ReplyDelete