Sunday 13 May 2012

Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves

Now who was it who told me that?  Probably me Glasgow grandad.  And that was most certainly the case on my recent trip back to Fife.  Prices varied from town to town and village to village.  I couldn't believe it when we were charged over eight quid for a beer, a large (I must admit) glass of white wine (if your favourite tipple is wine you are better of going to the supermarket and buying yourself a bottle 'cos it works out cheaper than a glass of the stuff!!) and a packet of crisps (which incidentally cost about 10p in Morrisons if you buy their 22 pack bag for 1.99)...and then we went off to a bar in Glenrothes




 where the beer cost almost two quid less a pint.  We are not doing Scottish tourism any favours with this type of capers - or the public in general.  I also got one of my most reasonably priced lunches there too. We got two burgers with chips and a side salad for about a fiver each plus drinks too (i.e. a pint of Guinness and a medium sized glass of wine) plus capuccinos for 99 pence each.  Usual  price in a tea room was over 2 pounds.


No comments:

Post a Comment