Wednesday 29 February 2012

Fried mackerel in bread crumbs

Thinking about breakfast has brought back fond memories of summer holidays on the West Coast of Scotland, in an area called the Kyles of Bute.  We used to drive down to a village called Tighnabruaich.  My dad went with my brother and my sister and I went with my mum and our two dogs, Simon and Walter...

We used to spend most of our holidays down at the beach, at Suzy's tea room stuffing our faces with ice cream and scones.  Apparently it's up for sale.

or with my dad fishing off the pier.  He used to spin for mackerel and I tried to bring in cod and saith with my handline.

When the mackerel were running we would have mackerel fried in home-made bread crumbs for breakfast of for tea.  Delcious...More about summer holidays on the West Coast of Scotland tomorrow..

No comments:

Post a Comment